• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some help with my first WC rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lazadude

Hey guys, I have been lookin at cooling my pc for a while now i started of abt 6 months ago the a new case and bigger fan system of my cpu. Which im sad to say hasn't work and my pc overheats after playing on it for a while, this cause my pc to blue screen and shut down. :mad:

I'm currently running a intel q9550, 8gb ram (dominator gt) and 2 gtx 295 (yea i know that 3 285's is better but i got on as a present so i just went with it) and a 1000w psu.

I was thinking about follow a cooling system which a few of u guys use which is :-

Swiftech Apogee GTZ LGA775
Swiftech Epsilon GTX295 x 2
Swiftech MCP655 Vario
MCR320 x2
Yate Loons D12SH-12 x 6 (or D12SM)
PT Nuke

Now the thing i am wondering is whether its a good set up, whether the rads need to be bigger, what reservoirs are any good if i need one and What pipes/fittings i should get.
Im looking to spend $500 possible more if need but not alot more
Cheers

Last edited:
:welcome: to OCForums

yes good parts list, enough rad and available spend to cover your plans :thup:

tell us some more about your case and other parts... so we can get some idea on how its all going to fit in/to the system :)

My cases is a Coolmaster 932 HAF
uhm dont know wat else u want to know but here it is :-
Asus P5Q Deluxe Motherboard
1 tb hd x 3
Dominator ram air cooler
Freezer Extreme (i think its a number 7)
Coolmaster 1000w psu
and ofc stuff listed before

The error i get is apparently when the ram/processer overheats (accordding to windows and a couple of m8)
If u want anymore info just ask :)

Aren't ThermoChill rads pretty cheap in the UK? The price is dreadful over here so the Swiftech MCR gets the thumbs up more often than not, but over there I'd be buying the PA instead ...

3/8 tubing G1/4 fittings you could go half inch fittings but its of little to no benefit and its harder to accomodate.

thermochill - well good news if you can but there often still not the cheap option over here, but you have to respect the performance :)

note. my wisdom may fall off, can barely see what im typing right now Rackier 75% alcohol?... hmmm I think the locals missed some spring water on this batch.... still 999`s free LOL

You may want to consider doubling up on the pump....that's a pretty hefty loop you have planned out there for a single. Plus it gives you some fault tolerance in case of failure.

You mean tubing and fittings? Whats good to use? What has the last 20-30 suggestions suggested in this forum?

You'll see two main barb fittings. Bitspower and Danger Den fatboys. Made both by Bitspower.

You'll see Primochill LRT mentioned more than once.

Take a look back 2-3 months, read a lot. Or just use my above info.

You may want to check out Skinnee's review on the Koolance 360 cpu block. I don't have any personal experience with it but looks like it performs better than the GTZ and may be a little more future-proof saving you some money down the road. It has a replacable mounting bracket and you may only need to buy new mounting brackets in the future for next gen CPU's. I have the Swiftech XT which uses the same mounting system as the GTZ and the screws strip very easily, so if you go with Swiftech be careful with the screws. Tubing: Primochill LRT, fittings: Bitspower comp. fittings. They're more expensive but look and work very well. Feser rads may be cheaper over there, it's a German company. It's a good low to medium fan speed rad. They're expensive over here in the states. Those high speed Yates are going to be a bit noisy unless you undervolt them. One thing to keep in mind is that if you get quality components now, they'll last you a long time and you'll reduce you chances of a sub-quality component failing and ruining your rig. Do plenty of research and you'll be happier in the end with your build.

http://skinneelabs.com/koolance-cpu-360.html

Back