• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P55M-GD45 or wait for UD4?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

diaz

I have a Gigabyte P55M-UD4 on order but its currently backordered. :bang head There is no estimate on time, so it could be 1 week or 2 months for all I know before they even send it my way.

I was suggested 2 motherboards instead that are currently in stock: MSI P55M-GD45 or Gigabyte H57M-USB3.

Both seem ok, but for my setup (in sig), I just don't know if these boards would solid enough to make a reliable platform for some OC.

Should I wait for the backordered UD4, or get one of the replacements?

eVGA also pricey up there?
The H57M-USB3 is a great board...good OCing ;)

(you should fill out the location field in your profile so we know where you're from ;))

eVGA also pricey up there?
The H57M-USB3 is a great board...good OCing ;)

(you should fill out the location field in your profile so we know where you're from ;))

Would you say its a solid board to OC my i7? / no foxconn socket?

The whole Foxconn thing got blown way out of proportion...don't worry about that ;)

Yes, it's a solid board :)

I'll see if my vendor can order EVGA, the high-end mAXT offering looks nice..

-D

So should I order some heatsinks for the H57M-USB3's mosfets? It seems to have 6+1 phases or 7 phases?

-D

Back