• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My final first WC build Specs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheNewITGuy

Hello all, its me again. I finalized my list of components with your help and although I do not have the cash to build it right now, it will be in the near future and I think this build is future proof enough for that. I would like to thank you all for your help and I will post pics in the appropriate topics when it is finished. It is my first water build so I am kind of nervous but I am sure it will be fine.

System Specs:
COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 RC-590-KKN1-GP Black ATX Mid Tower Case
ASRock X58 Extreme LGA 1366 Intel ATX Motherboard
Intel Core i7-930 Bloomfield 2.8GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
G.SKILL 6GB DDR3 1600 Triple Channel Kit F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ
SAPPHIRE 100281-3SR Radeon HD 5870 (Cypress XT) 1GB PCI Express 2.0 x16
Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA2 Hard Drive
CORSAIR CMPSU-850HX 850W Modular Power Supply

My cooling components:
120mm Scythe SFF21F S-FLEX Case Fan (63.7 CFM/28 dBA) x 6
Swiftech MCR-320 Quiet Power Series Radiator - Black x 2
Swiftech Apogee XT CPU Waterblock
Laing D5 Vario/Swiftech MCP655 Inline 12V DC Pump NOT the "B" version
7/16in. ID (5/8in. OD) Tygon R-3603 Laboratory-Grade Tubing - AAC00033
Probably about 25 feet of tubing because of the double rad setup
and I am not sure how much I will screw up
D-Tek High-Flow Fitting (G 1/4in. Thread, 1/2in. OD) x 4 for rads
Swiftech MCRES-MICRO Rev2 Reservoir
Herbie Clip® Nylon Hose Clamp Size F for 5/8" OD tubing x 12
EK FC-5870 Radeon HD 5870 ATI Reference PCB Design - Nickel
Nuke -Cu Concentrated Biocide (10mL)
IC Diamond 7 Carat Thermal Compound
Anyone heard if the 24 Karat version is significantly better?

My one concern is if that GPU block will fit, it says it is for a "reference card". What does that mean? The only thing I found on google was that there are different versions of the same card. How can I know that this will fit my card before I buy it?

Did I miss anything?

reference or revision designs indicate the generation of production the cards from.
so standard reference design is indicating the block was designed to fit exactly with the first revision.
subsequent revisions may lead to components being placed elsewhere on the PCB due to the change in the PCB and cards design thus making the original reference block unable to fit anymore even though the card may not be any different in apparent operation and performance.

so you need to find out if your particular brand of card has the reference PCB design or not and get the according block.

do you have a manufacturers link to the exact card you have/getting?

(im a Nvidia junkie this time round so im not clued up on the radeons finer points :) )

Will do @ Conumdrum

Thanks for the input guys, I was not totally sold on the case. What are some good cases for a double rad layout? I was hoping to not spend over $200 on a case.

Also I will buy this GPU instead:
SAPPHIRE 100281SR Radeon HD 5870 (Cypress XT) 1GB
Also changed the PT Nuke to:
Nuke -PHN Concentrated Biocide

Good thing I keep asking you guys otherwise I would have spent alot of extra cash fixing mistakes.

#Laughs# I sacrificed my wallet fixing mistakes for the WCing companies sins. (love or stupidity :rolleyes:)

anatec cases weigh in good for the spend :thup:

Back