• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[Help] Asus P6TD & i7 930 sometimes doesn't POST

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vrey

Good evening!

Im pretty new to overclocking in general, but after quite a bit of guide-reading I managed to get my i7 930 to 3.8 ghz and stable (30 hours or so prime95).

Everything is perfectly fine when Im in windows, but about 20% of the time when I start the computer it doesn't post, I can hear the fans being ramped up but nothing happens for about a minute and I end up just restarting, which then gives me the Overclocking Failed message and I have to reset my bios settings.

Currently Im running the cpu at 200x19 @ 1.225v, QPI/DRAM at 1.35V and Ram set to 7-7-7-20 @ 1.66V. I can post more/full bios settings if necessary.

What should I do/increase in order to have it always post successfully?
What are 'safe' QPI/DRAM voltages?

Thanks in advance for any help/ideas!

Asus P6TD Deluxe 0501 bios
i7 930
XFX GTX 280 sli
Corsair HX 1000w
6GB Corsair xms3 7-7-7-20 1600mhz
X-Fi Titanium
WD VelociRaptor 300GB
WD Black Caviar 1TB

Not sure if this will help, but do this. When this happens. Wait till it shows you failed bios. Then go in and look at your Vtt voltages. I have a Asus Maximus III Formula that occasionally would reset the Vtt and no other settings. The Vtt was 1.113V which was not enough to boot with my overclock. It seems like after the last bios update it is not happening.

Back