• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

91w Pelt?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

s4Lty

Registered
I know this isn't very high or anything but I was just wondering if this is worth anything for cooling?
I already bough it, was only $4.
But I'm not really looking for sub zero temps, more like 40-50 under load.
Right now ambient temps inside my case are 28*C and that is about average for my apartment since I don't have my AC running yet, and I can't really make it too cold since I have a lizard about 5 feet away from me with his heat lamp on most of the day.
So right now my idle temps are 45-41-45-41(real temp) and my Prime95 temps are 76-72-74-70.
So what kind of cooling would this give me if any?
I have a Master Cooler Aquagate MAX as my water system. It goes to CPU and GPU.
Its not a huge deal to me if it doesn't give me anything since I paid almost nothing for it.
Would this cause any condensation what other parts do I need for this to work if it is capable of doing at least 10*C drop in temps.
This is the details on the Tec:
Type Number: TEC1-12706
Couples: 127
Umax (V): 15.2
I max(A): 6
(triangle symbol)Tmax(degree Celsius): 67
Dimensions(mm): 40 X 40 X 3.4
Ohm: 1.3 - 1.5

Anyways, any info would be cool.
If this is a complete peace of crap and will do nothing but cool my beer then how can I cool my beer? LOL. And what is the pelt I need to get to cool my CPU under 100% load but not sub zer0, just 10-20-30*C lower and or not give condensation?

Thanks.

It's not going to do much to a quad core. On a conroe-L or a mobile chip it'd work decently.
On a quad, it will probably raise the temp rather then lower it.

Ok. That's what I figured.
What would I need to get for my i7 OC@4Ghz with a 1.28vcore?
Is there such thing as using a pelt without hitting sub zero temps or getting any conensation? I'm not lookng to spray my board or use grease and stuff like that.
What is my 91w pelt useful for? Can i make oneof those beer coolers with it that I've heard so much about?

It'd make a great cooler, or you could use it to freeze a cpu with a TDP of 40w or less.

Pelts pretty much just freeze stuff really. If they can keep a loaded cpu at near ambient temps, they'll have an unloaded one well below ambient.
If they keep an unloaded one near ambient, they'll fry when the cpu is loaded.

Ok, guess I'll tinker up a beer/beverage cooler for my desk and just add a better rad to my current one. Thanks.

Back