• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

installing compression fittings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cobracity

I am installing compression fittings throughout my setup, and I am wondering how hard do I have to tighten them? Hand tight ok? I also had to move the inlet port on my Swiftec XT CPU block to accommodate the compression fittings. A pain in the butt tightening those tiny screws but I just don't want to over do the tightening. Should I be watching for specifics on the rubber ring at the base of the compression fitting?

Ok one more question:

Should I install the tubing onto the MB blocks before mounting them to the MB? I don't want to press too hard on the board if I install the tubing after the blocks are already in place. Maybe I'm babying the thing too much?

put the block on the board, then attaching fittings and tubing. the board will be fine :)

as for fittings, i generally make them hand tight then do a 1/4 to 1/2 turn with a wrench or pilers.

as for compressions and the actual compression ring, i do that as tight as i can get them by hand.

Back