• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte X58A-UDA7 post error code 68

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aceblakkolb

I just put together my new machine with a Gigabyte X58A-UDA7 MB, Intel I7 980X processor, 12 GB Corsair 16000 MHz XMS3 memory, new case, new power supply, new video card, SSD and hard drive etc. When I turn the power on nothing happens? I must press the 'power' buttion on the MB to get the fans spinning and the MB to start its check. The MB stops with the on board error code 68 'program chipset registers according to items described in Setup & Auto-configuration table'. Nothing is ever displayed on the monitor. My MB is BIOS version 1.0 and I know I need BIOS version F3 for the gulftown processor but I am not sure if this is the problem. I posted a question at the Gigabyte website 3 days ago but so far no response. I was hoping someone has experienced a similar problem either with this MB or processor.

It was not knowing that was bugging me

Thank you very much. I wondered if the BIOS was the problem but the error message wasn't much help. Not knowing was my biggest worry. I think I will try a local repair shop to see if they have a spare i7 920 we can plug in and update the BIOS.

Back