• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How often

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spitter3

do you have to clean out your water blocks??? I've had my d tek fuzion now for about 3 months and today I cleaned it out, dropped my temps back to when I bought it. Is there a block that will stay clean longer??

Depends, was there already algae build up? I dont tend to see much at all in my loops till we even get to six months. I have a relative where we change his like once every 8 months and theres never anything wrong, coolant is just a little tarnished at that point.

What coolant are you using?

I change mine once every four months and I see more "garbage" then algae. Nothing that hinders performance. Cant beat mother nature lol

My system is in the sig. My cousin has an Apogee GT and hes never had issues either.

do you have to clean out your water blocks??? I've had my d tek fuzion now for about 3 months and today I cleaned it out, dropped my temps back to when I bought it. Is there a block that will stay clean longer??

A link you should read.
http://www.overclockers.com/annual-water-cooling-cleaning-rebuild-journal/

I sure would like more info. Why after 3 months did you have it gunk up on you? What liquid were you running? Please tell us more.

I know people who don't redo thier loop (even drain and refill in a year) and have no issues. Something is wrong buddy. Please give us the whole story.

It's all about the right liquid choices.

I'm running basically distilled water, it is still slightly pink from the water wetter I added last month . It could have just be dust from my experiments I have done in the past 3 months, it was a white build up that rinsed off very easily. It did seem to build right were the heat sources were, I do not know what it was.

The wire is a great idea. Like the silver kill coil. It will take a week or so to release enuff ions, but yep go for it. It's all about the surface area of the wire, I have no idea how much. But put enough in?

Back