• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

G41 chipset based motherboards by Biostar and ECS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kittyhawk

Registered
I have some questions on the mATX G41 chipset based motherboards (DDR2 memory models only) by Biostar and ECS.

Do the BIOS on those motherboards allow CPU under volting and over volting? What about over volting options for the northbridge and southbridge?

And how well do Intel dual core CPUs overclock with those motherboards?

well since there are a few boards from each of them with G41. why not look for reviews of them online? what about checking out the manuals, as they do cover the bios and options in them. could be a guessing game for us to find out which board your talking about.

ocing the cpu is going to depend on if it even has ocing options or not. though you still have the option of pad modding the cpu to a higher fsb, just need to know the cpu.

Are there any issues with booting to Linux via USB thumb drive?

My current Gigabyte motherboard (LGA775, very recent BIOS version) will not boot to Linux properly (if at all) from quite a number of thumb drives.

Kittyhawk said:
Are there any issues with booting to Linux via USB thumb drive?

My current Gigabyte motherboard (LGA775, very recent BIOS version) will not boot to Linux properly (if at all) from quite a number of thumb drives.

Which model Gigabyte board? Do you know for sure that the Linux thumb drive is set up correctly? If you press F11 to choose the boot drive, does the thumb drive show in the list?

I have 3 gigabyte boards (P35, G31, G41) and they all boot Linux from USB drive fine. I've used at least 3 different USB drives.

Are you sure you set it up correctly? (boot from harddrive, and choose the USB drive from list of "harddrives") It's a bit obscure. Took me a few hours the first time, too.

I have some questions on the mATX G41 chipset based motherboards (DDR2 memory models only) by Biostar and ECS.

Do the BIOS on those motherboards allow CPU under volting and over volting? What about over volting options for the northbridge and southbridge?

And how well do Intel dual core CPUs overclock with those motherboards?
The ECS I had did not have a divider for memory, I would get a Gigabyte G41 good overclocking options and a 3 year warranty and it overclocks well.

I'm using a Gigabyte Ga-G33M-DS2R. G33 chipset.

I know how to boot from a thumb drive (done that many times on other desktops and laptops).

I used Unetbootin to burn the iso image onto my thumbdrive.

Back