• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P Memory Voltage Issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Route44

I have been trying to help a person to bring stability to his system. He is running 4 gigs (2x2) of G.Skill DDR3 1600 with his memory automatically set at 1.536v. The memory is recommended by Gigabyte for this board. Nothing is oc'd.

I had him manually set the memory voltage in the BIOS to 1.5 as the memory is designed for. After doing so he wrote:

I set it to 1.5V manually. DRAM Voltage still reads 1.536V, and I just blue screened.

I turned off my computer and switched the positions of the two sticks of RAM with each other. (I can't switch lanes because my heatsink is blocking one of them.) Upon boot-up, I get the message that there was a failure to boot because of OC'ing or because the voltages were too high. I enter BIOS and the DRAM Voltage read 1.586V. So, I reset the DRAM Voltage to Auto and saved and quit. It read 1.536V again, so I set the DRAM Voltage back to 1.50V manually. (Sorry if that was confusing.)

It's been about ten minutes and I haven't blue screened yet, but it's too soon to tell.

Later he said he received another blue screen the next day and the memory was set back to 1.536 but once again when he manuallly sets it to 1.5 stability returns.

I have had him run memtest twice with all sticks inserted and once on each stick (a minimum of 7 Passes each time). No errors.

He is running some other diagnostics at the moment and I will have him test his power supply.

* The voltage issues have us confused. Suggestions please. Thanks.

0.036 V shouldnt make a difference. You might have to do a full bios tweak, including CPU and Ram parameters etc..

-D

Back