• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radiator Questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jcsmothers

Registered
Got a question about radiators, I have a Thermaltake Armor + vh6000 series and I'm wanting to purchase a 120.3 radiator. My question is can I mount the radiator on the bottom of the inside of the case? I've been looking around to see if anyone has done this to theirs but I haven't found anyone as of yet to have the setup I'm going for. Is their some kind of flow restriction to it?

Another question not about radiators but fittings what ID,OD fitting size works best over all?

I've been researching for awhile I guess I'd say for a few months now and basically have a list of items to purchase but still not to sure about what motherboard to get I'm thinking about the gigabyte ga-x58a-ud7 or waiting for the x58a-ud9.... sorry about the motherboard question I know its in the wrong thread....just looking for some for help..

Hey. From the looks of it you can fit the radiatoron the bottom but you do need to do some modding.

Get rid of the Fan spots and probably cut the last 2 HDD bays from what I can tell and you can easily get it to fit.

I wana say get a spacer for the bottom of the RAD and bottom of the case but the pics are hard to tell from. You might need to but the HDD bay only and leave the fan risers. Heres a pretty sketch lol

Then Depending on your pump (mcp355 is limited to 3/8 if using stock top) go with 1/2" ID and 3/4" OD. Thats what I use. Good Flow, looks nice cause you can see coolant too!

Motherboard - I'd look at the GA-X58A-UD3R, it's a fair bit cheaper and has most of the features of the UD7. It doesn't have the same power circuitry as the UD7 but according to reviews overclocks just the same. Both have USB3 and SATA 6GPS.

The waterblock on the UD7 supposedly barely makes contact with the chipset.

Much thanks for the help, as for the gigabyte ga-x58a-ud7 goes if I were going to with it I was going to purchase the EK-FB Kit x58 (UD7)
http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...oduct_info&cPath=59_241_589&products_id=27329
I know water cooling the chipsets is not a necessity but I may give it a try with a 120.3 PA radiator but I will do some research on the ga-x58a-ud3r . I plan on O.C. to atleast 4.2ghz on a i7 930 so I need something that will be stable, I'm hoping the stability on the gigabyte boards are good.

I have that board basically. I have the Giga xtreme one. It has the same waterblock. It's proven to suck. if the mobo your looking at has the massive air heatsink, it's way more than enough to keep the mosfets cool. Just need good case airflow. Don't worry about cooling the Mobo yet, many don't, it's more of a bling factor in most cases.

You can always add it later. Hose routing for a Mobo block can get odd, not realizing fitting and tube bending options. If your new, it can be really frustrating. Like spend $100 on compressions and finding out you need Bitpower 45 degree fittings to get the hose routing right etc etc etc. As you learn more, you can decide to go Mobo cooling.

Back