• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can run prime95, but waking the computer up causes freeze

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

treepop

I have tested my computer with prime95 and run benchmarks and memtest all fine. But, when I leave for a while and comeback, my monitor is off and when I wiggle my mouse, something strange happens.

I can't right click, I can't get to the start button and then eventually the mouse wont move anymore and I am in a 100% lock.

Is this common. I am going to see if this happens 100% stock.

I wonder if it is due to changing some setting? Any iput would rock!

Thanks

okay, it did it again this morning using stock settings :(....so I went to power options and disabled all sleep settings....maybe it is setting in the bios

Does it freezes if you wake-up the computer by the POWER button instead of a mouse or keyboard? If not, it's the usb wake-up related ...and it has to do with certain models bios problems (probably not compatible with Windows 7).
My Asus board P5Q SE Plus has the same problem with Windows 7. I've disabled wake-up from the usb in the Device Manager and the problem has gone away....and been using the POWER button to resume from SLEEP MODE instead.

Does it freezes if you wake-up the computer by the POWER button instead of a mouse or keyboard? If not, it's the usb wake-up related ...and it has to do with certain models bios problems (probably not compatible with Windows 7).
My Asus board P5Q SE Plus has the same problem with Windows 7. I've disabled wake-up from the usb in the Device Manager and the problem has gone away....and been using the POWER button to resume from SLEEP MODE instead.

that is good to hear. I knew it had to be something funky. THANKS!

Back