• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Videocard Waterblocks compatibility

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mihnea1231

Hello

I recently bought a ZM-GWB8800GT (Zalman waterblock) to install on a PYN 8800GT vcard but i did't fit in (a condensator on the card blocked the adaptator. The problem is that different manufactors of vcards design sometimes differently the cards, even i f they a re using the same nvidia chipset.

So...

I would like to know where i can get information on the compatibility between waterblock and cards...

I have a Zalman reseraor v2 and a pcie vcard slot, i would like to find a waterbloc and a vcard, most powerful possible, to keep it without fan (I don't want to overclock but only to keep it silent).

I can easily have these waterblocks for the 8800GT :

Zalman ZM-GWB8800GT
ek-fc88gt

Which 8800gt cards arec ompatible with them ? PYN, Twintech ?

I can also easily buy the Zalman ZM-GWB3850/3870. Which cards are compatible with it ? the Saphire, the Asus ?

Anyone know another waterblock and vcard combination ?

Thank you very much.

:welcome:to the forums

pick a videos card you are considering and post the link, then we can identify the revision (version) of the video card and advice you as to which water block options you`ll have.

theres lots of vcards and blocks out there to choose from so we need more specific details to proceed :)

as for zalman blocks not many here will have much working experience with them because of the aluminium issues (Galvanic corrosion)

but we can recommend many other blocks and advice on what coolant solution to use.

I recommend G11 and PT nuke rather than the zalman coolant ;)

just pick the cards your considering and we can get moving on the advice :thup:

Thanx :rolleyes:

Well,

First of all i a have the Reserator 1 v 2 mountend on the CPU and Nortbridge, and i want to put a graphic card on the loop as weel.
I know the Reserator deosn't cool very much, and their block material is made of aluminium, which limitates the choise for my vga blocs ( I have to use one made of aluminium as well I suppose ?)

I have as weel this unmounten material :
-a new unused PNY Geforce 8800GT,
- the ZM-GWB8800GT (Zalman waterblock), which unfortunattely did'nt fit into he PNY card

I would like to try to find a block copatible with he PNY vcard, or a vcard copatible with the Zalman Block

Or ...

Get to know wich most pawerful card can i use im my setup (which i have to buy), an wich block should i buy, wich is compatible with my Zalman setup.

Hope it clearer like this.

I

the res1 v2 is mixed metal (steel base and alu body) so just use G11 and PT nuke and any block made from whatever materials... you still have to use anti corrosive anyhow.

so your options are open to every block out there :)

Ok thanx i got it, i have to use the G11 and PT Nuke mix in the distilled water to use as the liquid.

How about the power of the vcard ? Any of them is capable of beign colled by my system ? I think i should look at the watt comsuption for of the vcard. How much watt can i chose then ? My reserator is already cooling a Pentium Dual core 3 ghz currently.

Thanx

Back