• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI X48-T2R Powers Off at BIOS code 26

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PartOfTheSoluti

Registered
Hello,
I have just built a DFi X48-T2R system, 4gb OCZ PC2-8600 RAM , Q9550 CPU, OCZ 600w PSU and a junk graphics adapter to test with.

Now the system is running 100% OK and has been on soak test now for about two weeks.

However it has one really annoying problem that I can’t find a solution to.

If you power the system off and turn it off at the back of the PSU or turn the mains off. When I power the system on again it will get as far as BIOS code 26 and shut its self off, then after a few seconds it will start up again, POST OK, and boot the OS.

If however you run shut down or press the power off button and leave the mains and PSU on. When you power the system on again it powers up, POSTs and boot the OS without this BIOS 26 reboot issue.

I have tried it with only a floppy disk to boot ramtest and a video adapter (no other devices) and the problems the same.

I have tried different video adapters both PCI and PCI-E and the problems the same.

I have tried it on only one stick of RAM and swapped over the stick into different slots and the problems the same.

I have tried it with another PSU and the problems the same.

Any ideas please?

Many thanks..

Last edited:
The double boot is completely normal after removing power to the board, like after switching off or unplugging the PSU.

The double boot is completely normal after removing power to the board, like after switching off or unplugging the PSU.

Many thanks for your reply,
But I must say that I am surprised to hear that as my background is electronics and from my experience power on is the time when you get most component failures. So to do a double boot (power on cycle) seems to me like tempting providence.

Again thanks for the reply.

Many thanks for your reply,
But I must say that I am surprised to hear that as my background is electronics and from my experience power on is the time when you get most component failures. So to do a double boot (power on cycle) seems to me like tempting providence.

Again thanks for the reply.
Tempting providence?

Last I checked its just the clocks getting worked out (calibration). My Evga board does the same thing but it is a different chipset.

Im glad you found a solution, though it wasnt really a problem, just an annoyance.

Back