• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newbie Needs Help please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

flyguy737

Ok so I have OC my system a few times but not sure what I am really doing. I need to find the best settings for my system.

MB Gigabyte EP43-DS3
RAM 6 Gig PC2-6400 DDR2 (400)Mhz ?
BIOS V9 - MIT intelligent Tweaker
GTX260
E8500 CPU 3.16
OS Win7 Ultimate 64bit

Ok so 1 thing I am confused about is in BIOS the memory frequency shows two numbers in blue like this:

Memory frequency 800 800 I some times have had 800 1066

Now in CPU-Z my memory shows as PC2-6400 (400Mhz) - whats the numbers all mean? what is my memory frequency? what should the memory in BIOS say? How do I get this to be 1:1 or at least perfect for my system?

the other thing is I have changed the FSB from 333 to get my system up to 3.30 and 3.40 Mhz clock speed but have not adjusted and voltages as I am not sure I should. I found it runs fine with low temps at 3.30 but this increases the ram numbers and I don't know if it's a good thing or bad.

Right now I have it back at stock. Ram shows 800 1066 FSB 333

So please I would really appreciate any advice on settings here that will make my system fly better if possible oh and soon I will change the CPU to a Quad 9400 already ordered.

I use FSX alot so this is why I need to make it as good as I can.

Colin

You have DDR 800Mhz that is 400 DDR= 800MHz, set your dividers so you don't go over 400MHz when you overclock.:)

Welcome to the Forum!:welcome: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=491697

The "dividers" Wingman is referring to might be called "System Memory Multiplier" in the bios.
I couldn't find any info on the bios of that board so I'm assuming it might be the same or similiar to the p45.\

You can check by using cpu-z>memory tab>FSB:DRAM.
Look for the 1:1.
Later you can play with the dividers to increase performance.

Last edited:
Back