• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cheap board for O/C

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GoD_tattoo

I'm picking up an i7 860 to mess around with. I don't plan on making this my main computer, I just want to do some cheap benching with it. Anyone recommend a cheap sub $150 board? I have a Gigabyte UD3 right now, and it works great. Should I just get another one of these, or maybe a Gigabyte H55m-S2H? What would be the difference between the two? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks..

Tried Craigslist? In addition I would stick with P55 since the i7-860 won't produce video which is why you would want an H55/H57. It will work in H55/H57 and if you want to play with an intel chip {32nm rather than the 45nm you have now}with video later on then maybe then they will be a good option.

I got lucky and found a MSI P55-CD53 open box at Fry's for 42.99 Friday. Got 4213/22X191on an i3-530 with it plugging away for the last 6 hours on P95 and no problems so far. You don't have fry's but you do have a MC. Does anyone know if Microcenter sells open box?

Last edited:
Thanks guys...Going up Tuesday, so I'll be looking for some open box deals...

Back