• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X58A-UD3R will not boot with a USB Hub

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Outerlimits

After a day of trying to find why My board would not boot past the splash screen. I found out that it will not boot with a none powered Usb hub plugged in. I can fill all the usb ports and it will boot to windows but as soon as I plug a device into the hub it go to the splash screen and reboot. I tried mutil differnt hubs and in differnt coputers all work fine. So opinions are needed if its the boad or would it be the power supply?

X58A-UD3R Bios F5 I think?
I7 930 No Overclocking YET!
3x 2gig G skill DDR3
2 x 1Tb raid
Radeon Hd 5850
Ocz Fatality 700 watt Power supply

Thank you
Outerlmits

Do you have a digital multimeter you could check the voltage while it's booting.

My guess would be the motherboard.

having the same issue, same mainboard.
Bought a generic 4 port usb hub. PC will not boot if the hub is plugged in.
i have a ANTEC CP850, 850w psu.

Buddies gigga wouldn't boot or it would take literally 7-8 mins to boot when he has his USB My book plugged in with windows 7. Turns out the driver from the manf was bad. We uninstall teh factory driver, allowed window to pick it up which it did and all it good now.

I would say plug the device in then go into device manager and see if it helps.

Back