• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help getting to 3.8Ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Harrzack

-
I'm OC'ing a i7-860 2.8g on an Asus P7P55 LX mobo.
Win 7 Extr 64bit, 4G Kingston Value Ram 1333. Air cooled with Zalman HS/Fan in Antec 900 box. First OC effort; using the 3 Step Guide.

I'm so close to 3.8G I can smell it! Could use a little help for the last leg of this trip. The story so far:

At 3.6Ghz, had a good 2hr and 40 min run of Prime95 at around 64c with the following settings:
BCLK 190; MULT 19; CPU Volage 1.3; IMC(Vtt) 1.3v; DRAM at 1800

Encouraged, I went to BCLK 200, MULT 19 for 3.8Ghz.
Moved CPU Volts up to 1.30625, Vtt to 1.35.
CPUZ shows 1.266v Core. DRAM at 600mhz 2:6 ratio.

With this setting, Prime95 workers began failing within the first minute. I've tried a variety of other combinations: moving Core V up/down a bit; Vtt up/down a bit.

All combinations will boot but Prime95 bails inside the first minute.

I'm starting to flounder with all the settings.
The Guide says Vtt is the main thing to work with once you get a reasonable BCLK/Mult combo, but that seems to not be working.

Any ideas of what to try next would be GREATLY appreciated! :welcome:

=Alan R.

Also, your RAM is rated at 1333 and you're trying to run it at 1800+. So, you may want to try a higher CPU multiplier and a lower bclk to keep your RAM speeds down, and/or more vDIMM/Vtt.

Last edited:
Back