• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Cooled Video Card Spacing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If a video card is water cooled does it still need double spacing or can they be in slots right next to each other.

Depends, are you using a full cover block? GPU only block?

Some more info would be great:bday:
:welcome: by the way! Even through you have been a member since 2009 :p

The snag with most modern high end cards is that the mounting bracket is double height.

That's how I roll I sit around and read for a while before a give any input or ask anything. I really was just curious because to air cool a (higher end)card it takes another slot for the air cooler. If you had nVidia 470's with a full cover block. I was wondering if they could only take up one slot, but it won't work. I forgot about the bracket and the outputs on the brackets. Oops. Thanks for the quick replies.

Conumdrum you bring up a good point about moddifying the brackets. since nVidia cards only has outputs on oneside unlike ATI cards bracket modification wouldn't be too hard.

You may be able to find a single slot PCI bracket as well. Some of the "higher end" (higher priced) full water blocks that allowed a card to be used in the adjacent slot included a replacement PCI bracket for the video card.

You could also just get a blank PCI bracket and break out (or buy) the Dremel.

Back