• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pump i can use inside Reserator XT.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SwobuzZ

Registered
Hello. I'm sorry if such answers were given in the past but i couldn't find them.
I need a pump for Reserator XT. Basically for X58a-ud7, i7-930, Geforce gtx 480. What can you suggest? And as many as possible, because i live in country where we have pretty nothing around:)
PS: i read in internet that Reserators pump has 500 litres/hour. But specifications of that product saying its 300 litres/hour. I think i need a lot more to maintain nice waterflow and temperature, because my MB starts squealing above 50*C on bridges, i know its much and the summer is coming with 30-35* C. It has 55*C now:(
PPS: If you can tell me anything new about my MB squealing you are welcome, but i've already read a lot about that and probably will go to service centre tommorow to test on other hardware and maybe change it to something not squealing. Suggestions are welcome here too.
PPPS: My stock processor temps are 50*C, i think its high too. My motherboard have 2x4pin power slots for processor, how many i need to use 1 or 2for i7-930?

Im sorry for my wall of text:comp:
Im not using watercooling atm. all air stock.

Last edited:
The researator can cool almost well 150 watts, 200 if you push it.

Your looking at OVER 500 watts to even think about keeping your parts cool. It won't work. No matter how big the pump, your sorely lacking. Getting that pump out has been a problem for the few to try to upgrade that unit.

We do have one guy here actively using that unit, hopefully he can chime in.

Thanks for answers, but i can buy additional radiator. I just like the idea, that reserator outside the computer block.

Your welcome to use the Reserator. I'd ditch it completely. In a year you will have anyway. You can add a rad to it, but it's going to be a brass rad, the reserator is aluminum, how much do you know about dissimilar metals corrosion?

I was using it for year, and now he is standing still for year, because he started to fail on waterflow. I checked all components, they are ok, no corrosion detected, but pump i think is very weak.

It failed or got weak. Do as you wish, stick with it if you want. It's your stuff. If you read up about real watercooling you will see why it ends up in the recycling bin. Can I be more foward than that?

Done here.

The only submersible pumps I'd trust with reasonable price ranges are Eheim. The pumps we commonly use flow 2 GPM @ 20' of head or 4 GPM @ 9' of head ...

The only submersible pumps I'd trust with reasonable price ranges are Eheim. The pumps we commonly use flow 2 GPM @ 20' of head or 4 GPM @ 9' of head ...

No way thats fitting inside the XT. I think. Read peeps even trying to get to the pump or redoing the hose once pulled out of the XT. Nightmares.

No way thats fitting inside the XT. I think. Read peeps even trying to get to the pump or redoing the hose once pulled out of the XT. Nightmares.
I don't know what will fit and what won't fit. I didn't even bother to look at the XT unit dimensions. I was just giving my opinion on pumps. Eheim makes relatively good pumps in various sizes (the compact series, for example, are as small as 2.0" x 1.4" x 2.2") but I didn't suggest a specific model or series. The OP can do those dimensional comparisons as easily as I can based on the size of the bad pump he has in hand, if nothing else. :shrug:

I also threw in the basic specs for the MCP-355 and MCP-655 so there would be something to use as a comparison ...

I don't know what will fit and what won't fit. I didn't even bother to look at the XT unit dimensions. I was just giving my opinion on pumps. Eheim makes relatively good pumps in various sizes (the compact series, for example, are as small as 2.0" x 1.4" x 2.2") but I didn't suggest a specific model or series. The OP can do those dimensional comparisons as easily as I can based on the size of the bad pump he has in hand, if nothing else. :shrug:

I also threw in the basic specs for the MCP-355 and MCP-655 so there would be something to use as a comparison ...

LOL, I was thinking of the big one, didn't know they had a smaller one.

Eheim better than mcp-355? I really want to buy stable pump and the quieter one. Yeah i can check the pump dimensions. I just have no knowledge in pumps and radiators. Please tell how to pick radiators, didn't find how much heat they dissipate.

Thanks. About pumps i checked Eheim Aqua Computer Aquastream XT USB 12V Pump- Ultra Version it can fit , so now question is better than mcp-355?

The MCP-355 is an excellent pump and, if it will work for you, that's what I would choose ...

As i thought, So question is answered.
PS: I read that its not good to use different metals in water cooling. In my case its aluminum and copper probably. So what metal will start to corrode first or they both? Its ok probably have aluminum outside system block so if it fails i just need to gather water in the room. But the question is. Copper wont corrode because of aluminum?

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=637312&highlight=Corrosion and there's no telling how all that gunk effected the pump.

There are many, many more threads out there and all show the same thing. Either expect to live with a large amount of anti-freeze in your loop (10% or more, which also reduces cooling performance) or expect things to get ugly very quickly.

We have good reason for our dislike of mixed metals in a loop ...

Well i understand that there is nothing in the world that still forever. So in your opinion how many months that system can live?
As i understand black Alu is anodized and if i see already shining metal, so its bad? Or bad corrosion is only when there are holes start to appear?

Corrosion starts the minute you fill the loop with water. From that point on the aluminum is deteriorating and gunk is starting to build up in your loop. How long will the loop run while it's slowly getting clogged up with gunk? I can't answer that. To me letting it happen at all is just not an option. There are a lot of things I skirt the edge on but the possibility of clogging my loop or ruining my pump by using mixed metals is one thing I have no tolerance for.

To me what you're asking is like asking an auto mechanic to predict when a fuel leak above the engine will cause a fire ...

Back