• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS P5K Deluxe Wifi/AP Boot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ikoda

Registered
Hello all.

Looking for a bit of help with my motherboard.
Ive got a ASUS P5K Deluxe Wifi/Ap, which ive had for about three years now.
Its always had an overclocked Q6600 (Stably running at 3.5Ghz) in it.

PC worked fine saturday evening, but when i went to turn it on, PC didnt POST. No beeps, nothing. It just turned on, with all power to the fans, gpu, and HDDs. Motherboard power light is lit up as well, but no output to the monitor and no beeps to say that posting was achieved.

Have just taken my entire system apart, currently the only thing connected to my motherboard is my CPU and its cooler, and still no beeps.

Does this mean my boards had it? Or maybe even my CPU?

Any help would be most appreciated!

Imo, I would try the cpu in another mb, just in case the mb is the problem. I've had 1 mb mess up 2 cpu's before. If it's the cpu it probably won't short the mb.

I dont currently have another mobo to test it in.
whats the likelihood its the motherboard?

Might be worth trying a new BIOS battery and/or another PSU.

I've had 4 of those motherboards, one failed shortly after the build and another is still working but resets the BIOS every time I switch off the power to the PSU, it's had a few new batteries but there must be a short somewhere.

what i dont understand is how it can have changed?
Last time i opened my case for 9 months ago, so why wld the system start playing up, when nothing has been changed?

Have you tried removing the memory sticks and inserting one at a time back in place. I recently worked on an Emachine that had the same issue. It turned out to be a bad chip. Doesn't take long to check.

Yeah, did that. Over the course of the last two years, seems they've all broken. Doesn't matter now, got a much more powerful machine :)

Back