• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Asus Maximus Formula CPU PLL showing 1.625v when 1.5 set?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

humdinger

Is this normal?? I set CPU PLL to 1.5v manually in the bios along with other settings, including vcore nb and sb voltages to minimum values. When I save and restart all the other settings have been applied but the CPU PLL still shows 1.625v :shrug:

This is using a Q9550 at stock FSB/lowest vcore setting.

Should I be concerned? Will this affect power use/temps much? I am trying to minimize power consumption and temps.

No you'll be fine. 1.70PLL is dangerous but your not overclocking so I'd bet you could lower your PLL more if the board allows

My Maximus X38 and Rampage X48 were notorious for overvolting as most Asus boards are

No you'll be fine. 1.70PLL is dangerous but your not overclocking so I'd bet you could lower your PLL more if the board allows

My Maximus X38 and Rampage X48 were notorious for overvolting as most Asus boards are

Well I am intending to overclock it but first I wanted to get as much down to minimum values as possible then see where I can go for minimum increases. Can't set PLL below 1.5 in the bios so it seems I'm stuck at 1.625v minimum? Any bios fix this or am I stuck?

what bios version now? I didnt use to many Maximus formula bios I force flashd it to a Rampage got higher clocks and better bandwidth...

I would load the latest stable bios, just google it b4 you install it to see if there are any major bugs but Asus normally pulls the crappy bios from dl pretty fast.

Hi sorry for the delay in responding.

This is using the newest Maximus Formula bios 1403.

I am reading the value back from the BIOS hardware monitor screen.

I have tried a Rampage Formula bios too (I forget which one!) and that shows the same.

Any thoughts? I used the engineering sample AFUDOS.EXE to carry out the flashes using correct switches to erase and verify.

Not entirely related but "better bandwidth" using the RF bios, how so? Just more O/C'ng options?

I have got a stable overclock to 3Ghz at requested vcore 1.1v (minimum) 1.05v reported in Windows. Still wondering about this CPU PLL though. Nobody has any suggestions?

nothing you can do , the board over volts so unless you can code the bios I cant see any fix for the PLL.
Set it to the min and dont worry about it, its more than safe

nothing you can do , the board over volts so unless you can code the bios I cant see any fix for the PLL.
Set it to the min and dont worry about it, its more than safe

Ok thanks for that. It seems to overvolt a bit and I was concerned of any possible problems. I'll leave it on minimum, everything seems stable so far.

Back