• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i5 750 + Gigabyte P55m-UD2 - O/Cing results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Puer Aeternus

I am wondering the results others are getting Overclocking on this Board?
Personally, I feel like I just robbed a baby w/ my 4ghz result.
I know its not amazing compared to many others on the forum
but for a budget board, I am quite pleased w/ the results and how easy it is.
I initially tried using easy tune 6...yes I know...
"dont use easy tune, its a POC program"
I was curious ok...reaching 2.8 was easy
and it gave me a chance to see what settings were changed in the bios.
Easy tune was using 150x19 for 2.8 and 200x19 for 3.8, so I went into bios
and set it to 200x20 so i could reach 4000mhz.
My vcore is 1.36, my temps are 44c idle and 60c on load.
I wont try to go higher, as much as I love my freezer 7 pro
I'd like to keep temps w/ in my comfort zone.
One thing I'd like to know...
how do you save this OC setting in bios <----Figured it out Ive got 2 profiles saved, default and my OC
and boot from default speeds for casual use.
I enjoy the energy savings this board and cpu offers.

Last edited:
I have the same i5 750 + Gigabyte P55m-UD2.. ideally for me the set up shown here would be great with power saving features working.

bclk set to 148 at idle `multiplier x 9.0` vcore drops nicely to 0.864 approx.

bclk above 148 at idle `multiplier x 9.0` vcore at 1.312 and does not change.

Is it a feature or bug of changing blck control to enabled disables the dynamic frequency and voltage.

148.png

166.png

woa woa woa.....I love what I am seeing but completely confused how hes getting 4ghz when he needs the horse power and how the cpu throttles down when its not being used.

I am at 4ghz steady...there is no power saving going on what so ever.

Max....have you OC'd your 750 yet? Could you add some stats in your sig so I can see what all you have under the hood...aside from the obvious.

Last edited:
Yes I have OC`d but I would like my system to run as shown in that video.

So far ... dont leave bios settings in the `Advanced CPU Core Features` to `Auto` ... Set all to `Enable` for Speedstep and turboboost to work even when OC`d.

I cannot set my Signature to work yet , still new on this forum .. my system ....

i5 750, P55m-UD2, Hyper 212 plus, 4g kingston 1333, HD5850, Win7 x64

Now....you might not like this solution but using easy tune will get you an easy 3.8ghz oc and still make use of power saving.

Question.....I am back at stock for the moment. I changed something and now sleep mode no longer works. When I wake my pc it crashes..it did not do this before. I am at a loss as to what change I made. Ive even set the bios to its defaults.

I am revising this old thread as i'd like to know if I can keep my 4ghz OC and still take advantage of the cpu throttling down when idle. Essentially I went back to stock speeds as I preferred the energy savings when my cpu throttles down as my cpu is mostly idle or surfing. It seemed a waste to have my pc at 4ghz all the time (extra heat and energy)
Anyhoo....is there a way to OC and still have the cpu throttle down on its own?

I have all those features disabled except for the thermal monitor and Bi-directional PROCHOT. When I enabled all the power saving features, I didn't notice my CPU throttling down. Instead it did something weird. It idled at some weird number slightly under 3.6 GHz which bothered me lol, so I just turned the features off because I wasn't even sure if they were working and figured they would only add to instability.

Guess I didn't get a great chip. I have mine at 3.6 GHz with stock Vtt and 1.35 Vcore, so doesn't look like I'd be able to hit 4+ GHz if I chose to push it.

I have all those features disabled except for the thermal monitor and Bi-directional PROCHOT. When I enabled all the power saving features, I didn't notice my CPU throttling down. Instead it did something weird. It idled at some weird number slightly under 3.6 GHz which bothered me lol, so I just turned the features off because I wasn't even sure if they were working and figured they would only add to instability.

Guess I didn't get a great chip. I have mine at 3.6 GHz with stock Vtt and 1.35 Vcore, so doesn't look like I'd be able to hit 4+ GHz if I chose to push it.
First off..turn off all the powersaving features and turboboost..then try to oc...you should get 4ghz w/ out a sweat.
Its been a while since I played w/ OCing this chip. I dont recall even having to step up the voltage. Ill take a look later and see if I can repeat my results and post back.

interesting to see some good clocking on that board. i had one pop when barly stressing a i7 860 back then. i would have suggested the P55m-ud4 that was by far my favorite of the 4 matx boards that were retail back then. things kind of fell apart back then due to my job at the time. wish i could do that kind of stuff again, but no monies...
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=618867

Back