• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Have kits evolved at all?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BugFreak

I haven't used water for many years and back then the pre-made kits (all in one style) didn't cool worth a darn. While looking for my new cooler I noticed there are allot of them around now and prices seem pretty decent. I would think with the smaller pumps and more efficient blocks that they had to evolve a little, did they?

The only good 'kit' is one put together by swiftech. An awesome basic CPU loop made of good parts and worthy of a beginning custom loop.

Go to Jabtech and look at the kit they offer.

There is nothing else even close to it for quiality.

+1

things haven't changed much as far as kits go but parts are better, swiftech is the top for kits.

Many of the kits are comparable in performance to a decent to high end air cooler but costs more than air cooler.

A DIY rig still offers better performance than some ready made kit for same price or less.

It sounds like its a good thing I kept all my old parts then. Those swiftech radiators with the pump inside look great though.

Back