• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7 Watercooled in DD Waterbox first boot.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IanHM

Well I finally got my DD Waterbox in the mail and started the build this weekend. Spent a good 24 hours bleeding and testing for leakage. Then moved on to throwing in my parts... Right now the wire management is horrid and the CPU is running on all stock settings but the beast is up and running without a hitch.

100_0138.jpg
Case assembly... the DD box is amazing in quality. Takes a while to assemble but worth it.

100_0140.jpg
Took me a while to mount things and get the tubing setup how I would like it.

100_0144.jpg
After tons of checks I finally threw in the Asus mobo and used the OCZ Freeze to mount my 920

100_0146.jpg
First boot was sort of nasty due to alot of stock Asus settings however after a few changes I made in the BIOS it is running like a champ.

So far I am peaking at 33 deg C under minimal load... the mounting seems to be doing quite well.

Due to a lack of availability of the HK backplate I actually moded a EK backplate to do the job and it seems to be working perfectly.

Back