• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Buy Water Cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ZorrosRage

Registered
My friend is trying to find someone to setup a water-cooling in his system. Does anyone know of a company in the Northwest indiana/chicago area that would do a full watercooling setup on his current build

his case is a HAF 922

why wouldnt he do it himself? :0

in all honestly he dont have the time. and what time he has he dont want to go through all the trouble of learning how to set it up. has internship, job and school. I've also never done water cooling

Last edited:
I really don't know of anyone or any stores in that area. Hopefully one of our experianced builders will step up to the plate, but I think your out of luck, it's more of a hobby thing. Have you tried ALL the small PC stores (few left)? Sometimes they build PCs for customers, maybe one of them would be interested. Chances are they haven't built a WC rig or know much about it.

I'm sure someone in the area would do it for a price. The only problem I see is what happens if it gets a small leak or needs maintenance? He won't have the know-how or time to fix it. Seems like modded air-cooling would be a better bet in this scenario.

Agreed Even, 100%. Maintenance in this case overcomes good temps.

No idea wht the ops friend needs etc. And most PC stores (small ones) know how to build a proper air cooled rig, even if it's a monster.

i know hes maintained a water cooling system before. just never installed one.

He currently has the Astek LC LC 240 in it but it basically cools just as good as a air cooling on his processor, and wants full blown water cooling on his video cards and processor to overclock his 5870s and see how far he can get on his i7

The Astek LC has water in it, but it's a sealed loop and we don't really consider it watercooling per say. It's weak, prone to breakage and no one here uses it, all WC hobby folks shun Astec, Thermaltake, and Koolance kits.

I will say to just buy the parts to properly cool that setup is over $600 easy. Easy.

It would take 2-3 hours to build the order, 15+ hours to build due to case mods to hold it all and filling/bleeding/leak testing and 20% more for warrenty costs. So 20 hours at $70 an hour I figure. About what Best Buy charges for an hour of PC work.

Plus parts costs.

LOL! Hey - I'll do it for $800 + parts + R&B for two nights! LOL! :D

Water-cooling is a hobby like rebuilding an old car. You either do it yourself or you pay out the nose for someone else to do it ... ;)

No offense to the OP, but if you don't have the time to do proper research and build your own loop, do you really have time to maintain a proper loop? You have your 6 month cleaning, annual tear down, clean, and reassemble, dusting out the radiator every few months (I live in Arizona, very dusty, so about monthly for me:bang head), keeping fluid levels topped off, and the like. It's not like air cooling where you can just set it and forget it aside from dusting it out every now and then. It is also a lot more fun to take the time to learn as much as you can about it, and purchase and assemble it yourself. Every time I have ordered WC parts, when that box from Jab-Tech was on my door step, it was like Christmas all over.:D

Every time I have ordered WC parts, when that box from Jab-Tech was on my door step, it was like Christmas all over.
oh yea...
agreed best to do the research and build ur own... no matter how long it takes ya...

Back