• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can a E2xxx -E4xxx series cpu work on an Intel D101GGC ver.1 mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Craxbax

I would like to do a budget upgrade of Celeron in an old e-Machines W3502. Intel lists supported cpus for the D101GGC ver.1 mobo up to Pentium D processors. I seem to have read somewhere that up to an E5300 may work on this board. Does anyone know or has done an upgrade to a newer processor? The current bios is: GC1100M.15A.0030.2006.0707.2039. TIA

From what I can find, the only people saying an E5300 will work are people on Yahoo answers. Don't ever, ever listen to anything from Yahoo answers.

That board doesn't support any CPU using the Core2 architecture... a Netburst Pentium D is the best you're gonna get.

Thanks. I figured that if it could be done someone on here would know. I gave up as I simply could not find a reliable answer beyond the Pentium Ds so I snagged an 820 on eBay for it.

Back