• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cooler yet...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hsnopi

so in my sig i have everything in my setup. i have all the WC in one loop with both pumps in series. how could i make it cooler?

should I add more rads? or more pumps.n what would make it run cooler? should i get a flow meter so see what it is running at now?

Here is what I am looking at as a discussion. a rad costs like 100 for a 3x. plus fans is another 60. so about 160.

2 mcp 655's would be like 120 -160.

if i had all 4 pumps in a paralles series...i.e.

-p--p--
in--| |----out
-p--p--

i would get twice the flow and twice the head pressure as an individual pump (for a base set up and yes i know all the blocks make difference and such but in general).

which would you do?

I'd upgrade to a better block, like the aforementioned swiftech Xt. if the GTZ was one of the best blocks on earth and the XT beats it even by a few degrees, I don't see much beating it... and that's probably the single easiest way to drop your temps.

That block is fine with your chip.

What is the RPM of your rads and do you have good air flow through the rads?

Could you post your temps running Prime 95 small ffts and Furmark at the same time for 30 minutes?

If the test shows good results and within what we expect then not much you can do except move up the food chain to more radical cooling..

That block is fine with your chip.

What is the RPM of your rads and do you have good air flow through the rads?

Could you post your temps running Prime 95 small ffts and Furmark at the same time for 30 minutes?

If the test shows good results and within what we expect then not much you can do except move up the food chain to more radical cooling..

what-he-said.gif

Even with water cooling, you are going to be hard pressed to get the water much cooler than ambient. What are your idle and load temps now, compared to ambient? If I idle my rig back down, and wait a few minutes for the water temps to reach equilibrium, with my ambient temp being about 30C, I will likely idle at maybe a little more than 30C, but considering my setup, I might be pretty close, especially if I crank the Delta's in my sig all the way up.:p

pumps are not your issue, 2 is more then enough. more rad, and a better block for lower temps, that being said what are your current temps and why do you want lower temps?

i am using the noctua fans at low rpms. 900 i think.

I want to cool it more just...well, curiousity? I dunno really. i don't overclock I just like tinkering. I am curious is all i suppose. I should probably do that with my older computer rather then my main machine.

I will get furmark tonight if it's free. and i will run the test.

Thanks

ok set it up and running it now.

i think the fans are running at 1300rpm actually. post the results in a bit.

the fan flow is really good. there is nothing blocking it at all.

Ambient in the room was 24C
uberHot.jpg

You have prime 95 small ffts AND Furmark at the same time for 30 min? Just to be sure.

If so, your temps are way fine. Prime 95 and furmark stresses a system more than any gaming setup, or encoding etc etc.

well ok then:)
thanks!
and yes prime95, small fft's and the furmark fullscreen for 30 minutes. I have dual monitors so they were on the other one. I was getting worried when it hit the 60's

Back