• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New CPU block mount temps ok?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IanHM

Just mounted my WK3.0 a day or so ago and I have done a few tests... I ran a 1hour OCCT and got a max temp of 49c at 100% running at idle I am peaking at 34c according to RealTemp. Are these normal temps and what I should be expecting at this point? The mobo/bios settings are all stock running at the stock 2.6ghz on an i7 920.

what is your ambient temps and what fans are on the rad, as well where is the rad getting it's air from?

for what you have and what your running it seems fine to me, well within reason.

also i hope your running some type of anti-corrosion additive being that the res is aluminum.

Ambient is around 22c the coolant is at 25c~ (have temp sensor in there) I am running twox 120mm noctua fans at 1200rpm... As far as coolant goes I am running Feser One... I did run deionized water through it for the a test run and then added the Feser so their might be a little bit of deionized water that was left over and mixed with the Deser One fluid (minimal at best id say if 5% of whats in there) will that hurt anything?

Last edited:
is the coolant dyed or clear?

if dyed then keep an eye on it and look to be doing a good bit of cleaning at least once a year if not sooner.

if clear, i would be interested in pictures if any crap built up in your block.

that small amount of distilled/de-ionized is fine, don't worry about it.

normally i would tell you to get rid of the feser all together and change to distilled/de-ionized as it performs better then feser but since your are running mixed metals you need some type of anti-corrosion.

is that 25c water temp during full load?

Ohh you have the aluminum pasive XSPC res? Ack. Yea you'll need the fancy fluid.

Your load temps seem fine as long as you ran OCCT for 30 min to allow the loop to stabilize.

The coolant is dyed yes. The 25c on the water temp was at idle or running a few small apps.

I ran OCCT for an hour so I would imagine it gave it plenty of time to get balanced out.

Well I just gave a little OC a shot... it's been about an hour and half now... I worked on the Bclock first and hit 240 with no problem... So I took it down and started upping my multi from the 12 I had it at... So far this is what I did in about an hour of actual multi/v work.

Bclock 200
Multi 21
HT on
DDR3 1600~
CPU Volt 1.3
IOH 1.3
All else auto

4.2GHz ran for 10min on OCCT without a hitch max temp so far is 59c
What do you guys think? It seems like this D0 920 I have is doing really well.

Back