• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help me!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rampage2oo9

Hi people i was just wondering if anyone could give me some advice im looking for a mother board to fit my other components i currently have :
intel q6700 cpu
nvidea gts 250
4gb of corsair dominator ram @1066

but im lost for a motherboard to fit these any advice is welcome as im a noob to pc building :)

Any of the LGA775 chipsets will be able to fit those components.
As for which one to get? If you're sure you want to go for Core2Quad instead of the i5 750 then the Gigabyte mobos are usually the highest quality.

Just note that the Nvidia chipset motherboards aren't any good for overclocking and are only really good if you want to SLI. I might be regretting my choice of the 780i :p

I can vouch for the nVidia chipsets not being good for OCing. I was never able to get any stable overclock that was worthwhile.

If you already have the chip, any Intel P45-based motherboard would be a good choice. Otherwise I would take tiny's suggestion and go with a Core i5...MUCH better CPU.

do you guys have any perticular models in mind im a real noob but please take in to account the parts i already have stated in first post.

i have just been recommended to buy the DFI LANParty DK-P35-T2RS . its availible for just 43 quid . or should i aim for higher model ?

ok but i really need exact models to go for if you could name a few or do certain brands not mean much ?

Rampage Formula X48
Maximus Formula X38
Gigabyte UD3P P45
Gigabyte UD3L P45
Asus P5Q Pro Turbo P45
Asus Maximus II Formula P45
DFI LP Dk P45-T2RS

different price points depending on your budget, all boards are great clockers some better than others.
I would grab a Rampage Formula if it were me, there are a few used boards around you can grab for around 125USD, the gigabyte UD3P is a stellar board as well

Best advice is pick your budget after you kwow how much $$ you want to spend then start researching the boards

Back