• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommend Me A New Mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Javea1

Hey guys,

I think my motherboard is taking a dump on me so I'm desperately in need of a new one (USA). Specs:

Mobo: ASUS P6T SE
GPU: HD 4890
CPU: i7 920
SSD (for OS + games): OCZ Summit 120GB
HDD (storage): Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB
Sound Card: ASUS Xonar DX 7.1
RAM: G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB Tri-Channel) 240-Pin DDR3 DDR3 1600
PSU: CORSAIR 850W

I don't really have a price limit/preference, I just want something stable that works. I've been trying to stay away from Asus (****ing hate that company now after what this mobo has put me through). I currently have these boards in mind, but feel free to make any suggestions.

EVGA E758-TR
GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R
Foxconn FlamingBlade

(NOTE: I do need at least one PATA/IDE port, my optical drive uses it). Thanks!

Since you don't want Asus I would go either Gigabyte or eVGA.

GA-X58A-UD3R or UD5 or UD7
eVGA E758 or E760 Classified

All of those should be solid choices, with Gigabyte having SATAIII and USB3.0

I recently ordered a E760 Classified since it and the E762 are highly recommended by benchers, although USB3.0 would have been nice. But, I can always get a USB3.0 PCIe card.

Probably ordering the EVGA tonight. The GB's (UD3R series) seem to have bad placement with the expansion slots. Not a problem that I want to encounter in the future.

Any last minute objections/recommendations anybody?

i would go evga too ive heard good things they make a nice product i have never owned one but i plan too when i build a new machine

Back