• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Future of Water Cooling?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MrLarkins

Zalman Z-Machine LQ1000
What you think? Looks impressive... and it will probably only get better and cheaper!

Right now, very expensive...

Alright, Discuss!

Attachments

• LQ1000_m.jpg
    LQ1000_m.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 223
  • LQ1000_03_b.jpg
    LQ1000_03_b.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 244
  • LQ1000_04_b.jpg
    LQ1000_04_b.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 220
  • LQ1000_02_b.jpg
    LQ1000_02_b.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 226
smart concept, but not modder friendly... thermaltake did some crap like that a while ago with a built-in bigwater system in the case and a radiator on the side panel

the concept is good, but thats all.

Zalman and thermaltake and aluminum are the best of friends

the concept is good, but thats all.

Zalman and thermaltake and aluminum are the best of friends
+1 to this...
+1

I dont really like this. They usually use cheap WC parts that fail or perform badly.
....and this.

The case linked looks ok, but it's just a Reserator XT stuffed into a pretty box. From the manual:
2.1 Reserator XT (Reservoir+Radiator+Water pump)
1) Weight : 7kg
2) Materials : Anodized Pure Aluminum
The future of water cooling? Nah. The future of galvanic corrosion...YEA! :thup:

There will be no corrosion if only aluminum is used in the loop.With that sad Zalman stuff is overpriced , while not using top quality stuff .More about flash/bling factor, that seem to stand true with this case.

I was definitely just having some fun, but it's also jest about a serious topic. The specs for the water block included with the reserator XT:
CPU Water Block (ZM-WB5 Plus)
Pure copper-base material water block provides excellent heat transfer, and anodized water block cover prevents corrosion. Connection fitting for the hose is a single-body cover in the form of two connection structure types, which allows for various types of hoses to be used.

- Weight : 154g
- Dimensions : 53(W) x 63(L) x 40(H) mm
- Materials : Pure Copper (Base), Pure Aluminum (Cover)
- Compatibility : Intel (Socket 1366/775), AMD (Socket AM3/AM2+/AM2/754/939/940)
Aluminum radiator + copper block + water = additives needed!

that thing wont cool very much very cool but they need a bigger version and pretty much bigger everything and than maby it will be a good water cooling kit

am I the only one that thinks it's hideous!?? Looks like a crappy case slapped onto a crappier Reserator XT. The only thing I like is the 2 doors, but even then...:shrug:

the bit-tech.net review mentioned the solid construction materials used...check out the review here: http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cases/2008/09/19/zalman-lq1000/1

I do like the swivel doors...and I would really like some more info on the radiator...and somewhere in there they mentioned being able to use an aftermarket pump...of course, in time, like everything else parts get replaced/upgraded and I can see some room for improvements with this beast too, but face it, it is a very easy way to get you feet wet without getting all wet!

i would buy it if it were cheaper...I think it would be fun to mess with! i love the styling! but would prefer blue to red anyday!

Back