• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to overclock this motherboard and keep it stable?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

krauser82

Hello everyone, i am new to this site and i have a ASUS p5n32-e sli MOBO with 4 gigs of ram and a q9550 core 2 quad intel cpu. And i am wondering how to overclock it and to keep it stable at 4GHz? And if that is even a possibility? I have a enormous cpu and gpu cooling system, but i am very new to the overclocking portion of this. So if anyone can help that would be wonderful.

Thank you very much.

I had that motherboard, it runs hot as heck even at stock, and is extremely picky on RAM. I used it up until it died and I replaced it with the EVGA one which is considerably more reliable, but still not terribly overclockable.

No this is the guide you need, HOWTO: Overclock C2Q (Quads) and C2D (Duals) - A Guide v1.1
LINK:http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=515316
Yes, this guide, not the one Widow linked.

As far as how to, check that guide out, it should get you going. Thing is, with 680i and that CPU, you are not going to be overclocking much at all. The 680i was noted to have FSB holes and not be a great overclocker. It will not get great FSB speeds since that chipset if frnakly ancient.

Good luck!

Back