• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-EP45-UD3LR double booting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

evildrugmonkey

I have this problem with my GA-EP45-UD3LR running at 3.5Ghz double booting . This causes my 4870 card to be corrupted. I then have to reboot , which at this points only takes a single boot and works fine everytime. Also Reverting back to stock. It single boots everytime and Gpu works flawlessly. I have bought a new 5770 thinking my 4870 is shot but will not put it in untill i can get this board to single boot first time. Any ideas folks.......

I have this problem with my GA-EP45-UD3LR running at 3.5Ghz double booting . This causes my 4870 card to be corrupted. I then have to reboot , which at this points only takes a single boot and works fine everytime. Also Reverting back to stock. It single boots everytime and Gpu works flawlessly. I have bought a new 5770 thinking my 4870 is shot but will not put it in untill i can get this board to single boot first time. Any ideas folks.......

Bad overclock is the culprit. The double boot thing is just what gigabyte boards DO when there's a bad overclock. The reason it works fine after that is because Giga then resets the faulty settings (whatever it thinks it might be) to default or automatic.

I would raise your PCIE speed to... say 105 or so. If that doesn't work I would check the north bridge voltage.

Sounds like an incompatability to me, I hd this once with an abit board, everytime I tried to overclock it, it would do what you are describing, but it would appear to run fine at stock speeds, turned out the board didnt like the RAM I was using, it was crucial ballistix tracer red 4gb kit, I brought the board CPU and RAM at the same time, guess which part went back......and it wasnt the RAM.

What are all your settings and voltages your running to get to 3.5 GHz

Post some screen shots of cpu-z cpu voltage memory frequency and what is your memory speed.:burn:

I would say that double booting is caused by system stability and that corrupt the data on the hard drive and that includes your video drivers, I would say the double booting did not damage your video card.

Last edited:
Back