• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First watercooling!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xander89

Hey guys, been rather inactive on the forums of late ( Uni work and exams etc!) but im looking to get a summer project going and get a simple but good watercooling loop made for my cpu ( and gfx card if i can afford it) At the moment i have my i7 @4.2 pretty much stable, using a thermaltake ultra 120 extreme which is keeping me around 39-44c idle which tbh i find a little hot. Specially as i go into the 60's while gaming.

Now i have wanted to get WC for a while and over the summer when ill have some expendable cash id love to make that a reality. I dont want one of those all in one loops u can buy from corsair etc but a proper loop which if i dont get my gpu involved this time round because of the price i would love to be able to at some later point.

Keep in mind in a total nab @ water cooling, so im not 100% of what parts to get, and what brands etc. I live in the UK btw and my price range is around £300 ( i dont want to spend much more)

conditions:- Want to have better cooling than my current cpu cooling,and also for it to be upgradable to incorporate 1 or 2 ati 5850's. Maybe im being too ambitious for the price, but please let me know :)

Will wait for Hokie and Conundrum to appear as if by magic ..

there's a couple of threads in here that these two have posted about 20 links to ..

AHHH HAAAAH ! - Found Linkee, Clickee heree !

a few easy steps is to read them first then :

read Con's new DT post at the top and figure out how many Watts you gonna cool.

mine figures out at 250w for CPU on one loop and 200w for both my Graphics so doing 2 loops.

on a £300 budget .. considering you have the case ..

Pump /s - £60 ea
RES - £30
Tubes - £20
Barbs / fittings - £50 - £100
Waterblocks - £40-£60
Fans - £15 ea .. probably between 3 and 6 of these £90
water + additive £20

my advice ... don't buy cheap crap cuz you can afford it .. take your time and buy decent kit that will last

Skinnee labs - best reviews of all things WC

keep posting on here... we all like to see how we're each getting on with builds .. just did my first leak test today so good to see another learner in the UK.

GL
OCD

Last edited:
Back