• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P6T SE or MSI X58 Pro-E?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BBigJ

Fry's has killer combo deals of these two MBs with i7 930 CPUs. I was going to get the ASRock X58 Extreme until I saw these posted. The MSI is a little cheaper, but I think I trust Asus more. Anyone have experience with either board?

I'm using the MSI X58 Platinum SLI and it's a great board since day one. Not one single issue. Not an overclocking beast like the Asus boards, but it has plenty of ocing features in the bios to run my 920 @ 4.2Ghz :cool:

Look at it this way: If you want to overclock the snot out of your chip, then go with the Asus. If you want a nice performance overclock (4.0Ghz +) then go for the MSI board ;)

ASRock is also a good contender for the price.

Thanks for the tip. But, I just don't see SLI in my near (or far) future. In the last few years my gaming free time has just about vanished.

You're not that far off. They have pretty much the same features. Both reputable companies. Similar reviews. I just sort of figured it was Asus' turn. I've had a bunch of mobos before, including a Microstar, but never an Asus. The warranty helped, but this was more a gut decision than anything rational.

Back