• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P55 vs H55/H57

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think the main differences are the number of PCI lanes and the IGP support.

Well, the system I'm using as of now is i3/P55. Also, H55 doesn't have onboard RAID, but H57 does. So, P55 vs H55, I'd go P55. I don't know the benefits of P55 over H57 for a single card setup though. I would expect H55/57 not to OC as well as P55, but that's just a guess with no personal experience.

even with a i3/i5 with on-die graphics, i would still go P55. single card performance will be the same since the pcie lanes for the gpus are on-die. even a CF/sli setup performance will be the same if it was a option for H55/H57 but isnt. looking on newegg there are dual x16 slot boards for CF/SLI with H55/H57. though they cost more then the GB-P55M-UD4(@$139), one is $199. for a main stream chipset not what i call cost effective given the options. H57 is more akin to P55 but with add display ports for the ondie video. both H57 and P55 have the same number of pcie lanes coming off the PCH and same number of SATA ports as well. H55 has less pcie lanes coming off the PCH and less SATA ports as well. though for many people out there the 4 sata ports on H55 will be more then enough.

we have been spoiled a bit by getting more for our money. now the tides are different and prices may be more inline. With the features people need to the price they pay.

Back