• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Room to add second psu in PC-70

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

customrig

I just bought a Lian Li PC-70 and I am going to need to add a second PSU to power my way too many fans. So instead of hanging the thing outside the case I wondered how hard it would be to make a little mod and take out the top two 80mm and replace it with a psu. So I just want some feedback if anyone has done this, how hard it would be and what I should do?

Thanks.
Heres the pic of the back where I want to add the psu is at the very top where the two fans are. Looks like it could be a perfect fit. :D

bpanel150.jpg

I was looking at the PC-70 cuz those top holes would be perfect for a water-cooling radiator...

Anyway, what I would do is pop-rivet a sheet metal shelf inside at the correct height for the 2nd PSU. Then, just use a dremel or equivalent to cut out the necessary holes for the PSU output fan. Tape up the extra vents to help seal up your case and you are done!

Good Luck

Looks like they just updated their website. I can't find it either. Email them so you can get the BACKPLATE for 2 PSUs. Just remember that you will not be able to use the conventional dual fan PSU since they will be in tight configuration & blocking airflow to them. I'll try to scan the manual/catalog, don't own a scanner, that I have that shows the BACKPLATE & attach it later.

Back