• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P6T Deluxe v2 Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hiryuu

I've gotten a P6T Deluxe V2 motherboard from Newegg. After endlessly trying everything I knew how to do, I could not get the motherboard to post, beep, or get video. I've RMA'd it, and I'm STILL having no video, beeps, or post.

I've tested the video card in my computer, I get video to windows. I've tested the ram in my computer, it gets into windows...

The only conclusion I can see is a possible dead CPU or another dead mobo?

Here is the specifications for the computer:

ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58
Intel Core i7-920 Bloomfield 2.66GHz
OCZ Gold 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
XFX HD-489X-ZSFC Radeon HD 4890 1GB 256-bit GDDR5
CORSAIR HX Series CMPSU-750HX 750W ATX12V 2.3

So that's where I sit. I plug it all in, hit the power button, fans spin, lights up, no sound, no beeps, no post, no video. To reiterate, I've already RMA'd the board. This is the second one I've gotten.

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks OC community.

Sure did. Currently I have just 1 stick of ram, the video card, the 920 i7, and the psu plugged in, with the stock cooler. Bare minimum. Still no post, beeps, or video. I made sure the video card was plugged in as well.

Just checked, and rechecking after I type this post. Looks pristine to me.

Checked again, busted out a magnifying glass. Nothing looks unusual or bent.

Both 2x6-pin PCIe power ports on the card are connected directly to the PSU, w/ no other components attached to the dual Molex adapters?

Correct. The ONLY things plugged in from the power supply is both 2x6 pin connectors to the video card, the 24 pin to the mobo, and the 8-pin. The cpu fan was plugged into the cpu fan connector.

And are the RAM modules installed to DIMMs A1, B1, and C1? If so, then try moving them to A2, B2, and C2... then reset CMOS.

That got it. Switching the ram around in the dimm slots has gotten me video. Thank you so much for your help! Greatly appreciate it.

Back