• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A newbie that has finally done it! HURRAY!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Massacah

Registered
Hey guys,

My excitement is through the roof. Why you say? I HAVE BEGONE LEAK-TESTING!! Getting to this stage seemed impossible 2 months ago, but here I am skipping happily with a huge grin on my face. I'll post a new thread with a couple of pictures of the final build when it's finished testing. I'll also take the opportunity to thank those who have really helped me through this project every step of the way there.

Some sexy pics! :-

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Cheers,
Mass

Great job! Woot!

You can wrap a skinny piice of PTowel around the fittins, when you take it off it is easy to feel a bit of moisture. Where the barbs are screwed to the blocks is more common of a leak spot than the hose connetions.

Let it run, give it time.

Looking good dude, love the black BPs in the black case!

Well, I booted up after a good long leak test, and all is well. My temps are around 37~39 idle though. Is this normal? :eek:

Proc: i7 930 @ 2.8 [STOCK]
Rad: Thermochill PA 120.3
Pump: MCP 355 w/ EK top
Fans: Gentle Typhoon @ 1000 RPM x3
Ambient temp: ~26 - 27C

Note:-

* Used the vertical line technique to add thermal paste on CPU.
* I DID remember to remove the sticker on the block :D.

Cheers,
Mass

Great job.

Idle temp mean nothing. Load LinX with max memory used and see for full load temp.

I see. I was not aware of it being of no importance. I'll start testing with Prime95 then :). Thank you Boulard.

Cheers,
Mass

Actually looks pretty good. Thats about right for that chip, a 220 MCR rad. Not sure on your ambients, fans, or your setup on the rad.

Really don't matter, your temps are just fine and way within any temp issues. Try for 4.0 if you want, you got the headroom.

If you can stay under 75 prime 95, your real world usage temps will be less. And safe for your CPU.

Back