• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Micro bubbles?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

baldman6

Hello,
This is my first water cooling adventure and so far it has been awesome. Just a quick question. I just filled my loop for the first time, and after rotating the case to get all the bubbles out of the radiators I still see little bitty bubbles that collect on top of some of the tubes. Is there a good way to eliminate these or is this just normal behavior?
Cheers!

it's normal to have the tiny bubbles, just flick the hoses a bit and they should bleed out.

it will clear up over time.

Thanks for the quick reply Spawn-Inc! Will post pics of my modded Cosmos 1000 tomorrow when I hook it all back up.

Yep, as Spawn said, it is completely normal. I had the same thing happen when I first filled my loop, but it was only evident in the res due to my black tubing. A few days of it running 24/7 will clear those bubbles up in no time. It may look like your water level is dropping if you keep an eye on it, but it is just those air bubbles working their way to the top of the res.:thup:

Finished...sort of

Well, almost completely done. Thanks to all the great posts and informative how-to's. This was my first time water cooling and I learned a ton right here at Overclockers.com!

I will post complete specs later, but right now I am running a Q9550 @ 3.51 MHZ and a GTX 480 @ 838 MHZ. The highest temp I have seen on the GPU is 63 degrees after running the Heaven benchmark for 2 hours. 3DMark Vantage Performance averaged around 58 degrees after 2 hours. The CPU never got above 55 degrees after 16 hours of Prime95.

Now to add some UV..........

Before:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

After:

img1431p.jpg

By bm6 at 2010-05-17

You guys were right....all the little bubbles disappeared after about 48 hours. Thanks for the input!

That is one clean design, good work. I had the same concern with my first H2O system.

very clean layout,esp for a first time wc setup, most users just end up with tubing all over the place first time

Thanks! I spent about 40 hours+ working on this. I wanted to get it somewhat right the first time. Modding the case was the hardest part. I totally burnt up a Dremel tool cutting the 1/8 aluminum with the extension tool. One minute I was moving right along and then the Dremel shutdown, I turned around and there were 6 inch flames coming out of my Dremel. Needless to say, I made yet another trip to the Home Depot. :)

markp1989...your right, the first couple of designs...i had tubing everywhere and then I took a day to rethink it. I'm really glad I did that. Thank Jebus I ordered enough tubing to compensate.

Back