• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS maximus 2 GENE mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fr@kt@L

asus maximus 2 GENE, q9550 hit to 4.0 ghz

Hi, i have maximus 2 gene mobo and q9550 E0 oc to 3.8 all on auto just fsb on 447 i try everithing to hit 4 ghz but is imposible
need some HELP :bang head i have corsair h 50 hydro cooling
temperature:
mobo 28 C
cpu core1,2,3,4, around 32 C

Last edited:
What are your voltages and memory speciation's, you can use CPU-Z to get all the information like core voltage and DRAM frequency and post pictures , also what are you using for stress testing like prime 95 or Linx0.6.4.:)

Hi, i have maximus 2 gene mobo and q9550 E0 oc to 3.8 all on auto just fsb on 447 i try everithing to hit 4 ghz but is imposible
need some HELP :bang head i have corsair h 50 hydro cooling
temperature:
mobo 28 C
cpu core1,2,3,4, around 32 C

what do you mean you tried everything? what have you tried?

How high have you set the vcore? this might not be the safest way, but if it was me, i would just keep raising the vcore higher and higher with the speed still at 3.8 and then see what your highest full load safe vcore is (meaning, watching your temps and making sure they are more then 10 degree under Tj. Max). once you find your highest safe vcore voltage, then try to fire it up at 4.01Ghz.

Back