• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus rampage extreme

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JS1

Registered
well it seems i cant get away from the skt 775 yet,i just got a great deal on a new refurbed x48 rampage extreme . so i had to get a new e8600 cpu to go with it should be a nice combo with some ddr 3 . i found some 2000 mhz gskill pretty cheap but its cas 9 after looking a bit more i found some 2200 cas 6 g skill pis series with cooling fan that looks pretty good. i want 4 gigs 2x2 but if i go 2 gigs 2x1 it is alot cheaper i can grt the gskill trident or ripjaw for under $100.00 .but i seem to like the 2200 cas 6 more expensive memory. any advice on the gskill memory would be great i cant make up my mind. thanks JS1

Do you need DDR3 2000, how high are you planning to overclock and what is the OS your using, also what are you going to use the PC for, so I can help you decide whether you need 2 or 4 GB of Ram.

Last edited:
i went with the gskill trident 2133 2x1 gig only 89.99 with cooling fan included. i use my comp for overclocking and gamming. when i see what i can run at if i can go higher i will buy a 2x2 kit of something faster.but for the money this should be fine.i also got myself a e8500 wolfdale . JS1

i went with the gskill trident 2133 2x1 gig only 89.99 with cooling fan included. i use my comp for overclocking and gamming. when i see what i can run at if i can go higher i will buy a 2x2 kit of something faster.but for the money this should be fine.i also got myself a e8500 wolfdale . JS1

I think i made a good choice in memory it works very well with the rampage extreme .running it 2000mhz cas 8 works perfectly. JS1

Sounds good, keep me posted how high you get to with your overclock.:cool:

I tried 10x500 @1.45vcore almost got into windows but it froze up on me but i think that it may be some outher settings not the vcore maby with a9.5.im still learning the board . as for the mem just a tad under 2200 so far. im gonna start some fsb overclocking next..so well see what it can do. im really happy with this set up. i didnt even know it had dual bios till tonite ,even better. JS1

Last edited:
What have you achieved for a stable clock.:cool:

9X500 OR 10X450 VCORE 1.375 so far all is well. im tring to do some high FSB overclocks i cant seem to find the sweet spot for 600 fsb. so far my best setting is 8.5x500 4.25 @1.30 vcore with memory just over 2000 mhz. that is gonna be my 24/7 setting . i cant seem to figure out the 600+ fsb settings maby a diff bios. im still messing with the dual bios thing. JS1

Back