• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Push/Pull on PA120.2 or grab a PA120.3..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Anubis_386

The temps of my i7 aren't quite as low as I'd like with a single PA120.2 rad (+ two YL mediums) ..

So I'm wondering how much extra cooooooool I'd get from adding another two YL medium fans to the otherside so there running Push/Pull ..

If this isn't gunner cut it then move to a PA120.3? Money is a lil short atm (thanks to just buying a Vertex 2 & 1TB WD Black) but I've been looking at the Corsiar 700D cases and there crying out to be watercooled so thats on the cards. I'm just running a CPU loop although I suppose I could add my 5870 to the loop if I grabbed a PA120.3 with 6x fans

Me thinks you'll do better with a PA120.3 and 6 fans in push/pull. With my swifty MCR320 and only using 3 ultra kaze fans @ med push my cpu temps are 40-42c loaded and my space heater 9800GX2 is 37/39c under load.

You should do alot better then me ;)

And Yate HS aren't very loud really at HS, you turn them down when you don't need the HS.

Something we need to remember. HS STARTS at 2000 RPM, it goes much higher. A 25mm Yate Loon HS is a toy next to many other real HS fans.

The big question is the temps under normal max usage 70C or lower? Then no reason to change fans. Low temps look good but really, your still warming the room up the same.

Back