• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

galvanic corrosion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hsnopi

I thought mixing metals was HORRIBLE AND EVERYONE DIES if you do it?
How does the zalman reserator get around that? the blocks are copper but the reserator is aluminum.

The aluminum is anodized, which is to say it has a layer of aluminum oxide carefully grown on it. Aluminum oxide is by and large inert, it doesn't do much of anything to much of anything.

If there is even a tiny pinhole in the anodization though, it'll eat through that and start chewing up the aluminum behind the anodization layer.

Because Zalman used anti-corrsion liquid, usually a mix of antifreeze and water. Antifreeze actually reduces the heat properties of the water. It's why we use just water and a teeny bit of boicide.

Zalman is substandard watercooling. Some who come here have/had a Zalman and are not happy with it.

Wonder where that post showing a Koolance anodized waterblock is? With holes in the sides even.........

Get a big enough radiator and you won't need any fans, just a pump.

My setup uses a nissan truck radiator :D

With no fans on the rad and a ~50w heat load ([email protected]. Mobo says 50, Online calculators say 120+w) the water temp is ~8-9*c above ambient air.
With a single 120mm fan it's ~4*c above ambient.

nice. i am all about the silence. i was thinking of building a rad using copper tubes and acrylic so i can avoid soldering all together.

Back