• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASAP look at this...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hellinacell9

Registered
Im finding it hard to decide. Which motherboard do I go with for Intel icore7 930?
ASUS P6X58D-E
or
EVGA 132-BL-E758-A1

I personally would choose the asus, I didnt have very good luck with the evga. and the asus seems to be pretty user friendly for all around use.

Thank you for your responses..

Well this is the configuration Im going with.. Im purchasing these components individually:

Case: Ventmax IC_VM_BK
Power supply: OCZ ModXstream 700W
Mother Board: ASUS P6X58D-E
Processor: Intel Core i7-930
Ram: Corsair TR3X6G1600C8D Dominator 6 GB 3 x 2 GB PC3-12800 1600MHz 240-Pin DDR3 Core i7 Memory Kit
CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H50 Liquid cooling system CPU heat exchanger with integrated pump
Hard Drive: 2 x WD Caviar Black 640 GB Internal hard drive - 300 MBps - 7200 rpm (this is 32MB cache version)
Graphics: Quadro FX 580 512MB

Im thinking of overclocking the cpu to 3.8GHz.. will it be stable and last 5 years? Also do I need to purchase any thermal Thermal grease? Is there anything else I need for assembling this computer?

Back