• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ek waterblock issues?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hackintosh

I just bought an ek waterblock for a geforce 9800 gtx only to find out that the chipset on my 9800gtx+ doesnt line up. So instead of sending the block back I am just getting a new video card and selling the one I have since the block cost more than the video card did and I need 2 cards for my system now.

My question is, which 9800gtx blocks can I use if anyone knows. I know it has to have the chipset that looks like this one. I have looked online but no one really shows the chipsets in their images.
also this is not a gaming rig so I dont need crazy video cards. I just need two 9800gtx so I can use the waterblock I have Or a 9800 and another cheaper card just so I can use 4 screens. So any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• GeForce-9800-GTX-PCB.jpg
    GeForce-9800-GTX-PCB.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 203
This is exactly your card ?

Most newest 9800GTX+ are not reference design. You need to order the right block.

http://www.coolingconfigurator.com/step1

Sorry for the confusion, the card I posted is the one I am looking for since mine does not work.

According to the site you posted my 9800gtx+ should work but it doesnt here is my actual card

Attachments

• pos.jpg
    pos.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
This is the newer/smaller PCB 9800GTX+.

Email EK to be sure wich one you need if the configurator cant help :(

I did contact ek about it, and their solution. Sorry our configurator did not work for you, the card your ordered has been changed and we were not notified. Then they told me to contact the company I bought it from and told me to exchange it for one that the block would fit.
ps. according to ek and performance pcs there is not a full coverage block that fits this card yet. So I am ordering 2 new video cards that I know work and putting this one for sale.

Asus did the same across me mate it's nothing new and nothing EK can do ..

went from a reference design EAH5870 to EAH5870 V2.0 non reference ..

I gotta send my EK blocks back and wait a few weeks till Eddy releases the new WB's .. glad to see they are in production so I don't have to sell the gfx cards and buy different ones.

Back