• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A Corrected Hardware Error Has Occurred

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CompuTamer

Member with Some Fancy Text Under His Name
I was listening to music, working on the EQ trying to make it sound a little bit better (er, feel, wasn't getting much kick out of the sub) and then my computer just out of the blue restarted. It was a silent restart. Working fine one second, then the next i was looking at the POST screen.

I went through the event viewer, and for about 30 seconds before the restart there were some Warning events. A corrected hardware error has occurred on the PCIe Root port... uh... huh?

I'm using a PCI sound card if that means anything. I've had it happen before, and it's only when i have the volume above 50%.
Here's the event:

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    56.9 KB · Views: 512
I would contact the sound card manufacturer. Sounds like you might be having a driver conflict. I have had this problem with Video card drivers as well as TV tuner Drivers.

I always say, if your having an issue with a piece of hardware, then check for latest drivers, then contact support. You can also put that error into Google search and check for exact hits. Sometimes someone has already found a fix or work around.

The pool of members here probably don't have the same specs as your machine as well as particular hardware. Most people here probably have on board sound, the ones that have a sound card probably use something different. Even if they had the same set up, they might be using Vista instead of 7 or possibly even a different version of Win7.

Hits:

This person solved his by installing the correct Chipset drivers.

Thanks, that seems to have gotten it! I'll see if my system crashes on my next time i'm listening to music. Lol.

Back