• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Feser X-changer triple 120mm or Black Ice GTX360???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
Ok, I did some reasearch and believe I have the answer... Currently this MCR320 is just barely cutting it with Yate Loon Highs at 1200RPM with the system in sig. I guess Im spoiled b/c I had a PA120.3. I would like to add the 470 into my loop, but know there is no way, especially when benching, that rad would handle the load.

So after my reasearch, I narrowed it down to the Feser X-changer 360 or the Black Ice GTX 360.

These will work in conjunction with 3 highspeed Panflo's I have. My thought is the GTX360 as its fin density would work well, especially when benching and cranking either the yates or the Panflo's.

FYI the load Im putting on it is the i7 860 and gtx 470 so its not a simple quad and GPU.

Can anyone confirm these thoughts or send me researching more???

Thanks in advance man!!! :grouphug:

GTX>Feser for the fans you plan to use. as you said higher FPI on the black ice GTX so you will get more cooling from it at the higher speed of the fans.

The Feser starts to be good at ~1400rpm from the Skinnee testing.

On my setup with 1850rpm Gentle typhoon, i need ~1150rpm to keep my DT (water/air) in the 4°c while gaming. Its really quiet but going for silence at 1000rpm isnt that effective. The DT climb a lil bit.

*note that i use 50mm shroud. Cant reach this without shroud.

Back