• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fried rampage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ekko

as the title says..i fried my rampage finally ..
after beating the holy crap outa it its not dead..
i oced the life outa it in everway possible...it finally died with lines running up and down the screen over and over ..LOL
i bought that board to really beat it up with ocing...

i now swiched back to my p5k deluxe...shes working nicely..
but i been a bit outa the loop..

can someone tell me what a new good high end board would be ..something from asus what the p5e is good?
single gpu user here...mostly ocing :)
thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm looking at your sig here... you only got a Q6600 to 3.6??

what did you do exactly to the board? you certainly didn't push the cpu to hard--so i can assme the NB wasn't pushed that hard either.... ???

well first off let me say this..
i bought this board as a refurb off newegg for cheep anyway...
it was bought for ocing and really to see how high my chip could go because my current board was holding me back..
i ended up finding out even with the rampage my chip cant go 4ghz so screw it ..i sorta ended up with it for nothing in that since..
also this board (p5k d) couldn't high voltage well...
i thought the rampage would..and really it did..i had the nb up to 80c sometimes...that's too dam hot LOL

that's just a small recap

i think what killed this board is the high voltages
ie 1.5 on the cpu
massive volts way over spec for the nb achieving temps of 80c
too many blue screens also LOL
etc etc trying to achieve 4ghz..
please note i did not run all the time on a 1.5v in fact i ran 1.33 on the cpu and about the same on the nb to achive 3.6 for everyday use..

i was actually making this thread to find out what new boards asus makes are good..
i had no idea this would turn into a your broke it now eat it situation..
either way makes no difference to me like i said about the rma already..
no i prolly wont do it because i wana go i7 eventually..but not now..my q66 is still killin everything i throw at it ..
so guys whats the new socket 775 boards that are hot?
thanks

thanks mate i choose not to quote it in hopes of that...
please do share your thoughts on a new socket 775 board to beat up again LOL

Back